The recent coronavirus outburst has led to the death of millions of people worldwide, and experts have listed low immunity as a leading factor in COVID-19 mortality. Humans are social beings, and it would not be easy to restrict close contact with friends and families during the holidays, especially Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukkah.
It would also be harder to adhere to the current CDC guidelines on social distancing during these periods. Besides, common cold and flu are rife at this time of the year. Similarly, many people have, in the past, succumbed to various illnesses during this time of the year due to low immunity.
No potential vaccine for COVID-19 has been approved yet, and the nation’s healthcare system is burdened with a myriad of patients.
As we enter into the Fall and holiday season, the following tips can help you boost your immune system and help keep you healthy.
- Eat healthily: A healthy diet is necessary to boost the immune system. Plenty of fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and healthy fats should be taken as often as possible. These foods contain Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E to maintain a strong immune system.
- Exercise Regularly: Regular exercise ensures that blood circulates more effectively. Consequently, immune cells can travel easily around the body. Studies show that about 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise can stimulate the immune system.
- Quality Sleep: Sleep appears to be a passive process, but a lot of activities take place during this period. For example, infection-fighting cells are produced during sleep. Studies report that poor sleep can cause individuals to become more prone to infection and illnesses. Thus, it would help if you got enough good quality sleep to ward off infections.
- IV Therapy: Due to poor diet, age, or lifestyle factors, our body doesn’t always get the correct nutrients, vitamins, and minerals it needs to function effectively. IV Therapy presents an efficient and effective way of administering vitamins and minerals directly into the bloodstream. IV Therapies can address specific health and wellness needs in the body.
How does IV therapy boost immunity?
A fluid in your body known as the lymph is responsible for transporting immune cells around the body. Dehydration may slow down lymph movement, which could result in an impaired immune function. However, IV hydration therapy can also replace water that might have been lost due to sweating, urine, vomiting, and bowel movements. Furthermore, IV therapy has some vitamins and minerals that boost immunity, including:
- Vitamin C: Following heart surgery, patients should be placed on IV therapy containing Vitamin C to prevent irregular heartbeat. Furthermore, research has shown that 1-3 grams of Vitamin C can reduce the course of cold by 1-1.5 days. Similarly, taking Vitamin C before starting heavy exercise prevents airway infection. This vitamin also functions as an antioxidant and aids in tissue repair while minimizing the damage caused by inflammation and oxidation.
- Glutathione: Glutathione strengthens the immune system in two ways. Firstly, it increases the number of T-cell lymphocytes – the frontline soldiers of the immune system. Secondly, glutathione stimulates the production and activity of natural killer cells. Thirdly, Glutathione is the defender and a master antioxidant against oxidative stress.
- Zinc: Zinc plays a critical role in the function and development of natural killer cells, neutrophils, and the cells responsible for mediating innate immunity. Zinc deficiency results in inadequate cytokine production and poor phagocytic function. Furthermore, zinc acts as an antioxidant by preventing the release of free radicals during inflammation.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is an essential mineral that should be taken in large quantities. This macro-mineral fortifies the immune system and aids in healthy bone formation by regulating calcium and Vitamin D levels. Additionally, magnesium plays a central role in the regulation of glucose levels and insulin metabolism. Magnesium also helps to control blood flow and maintains the cardiovascular system.
- Vitamin B12: This vitamin plays a crucial role in immune function and helps produce DNA, nerve, and blood cells. Vitamin B12 deficiency results in pernicious anemia. Furthermore, Vitamin B12 has a direct influence on energy levels.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays a key role in stimulating immune response. This vitamin helps to regulate the immune system and prevent inflammation. Furthermore, the activation of the immune system defenses is aided by Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been touted to help prevent coronavirus complications. Some studies indicate that this vitamin can enhance the immune system and protect against respiratory infections.
Benefits of IV therapy
IV therapy is recommended for every adult, regardless of age or gender. Furthermore, In-home IV therapy is also highly recommended for individuals who are in regular contact with many people. This is especially true for many people during the holidays, who may be vulnerable to viruses due to increased interaction with others. Similarly, IV therapy contains powerful antioxidants and vitamins that boost immunity among patients and reduces recovery time. HydraMed offers a range of IV Therapies for various health needs, including immunity boost, hydration, stomach flu, and fever.
During this holidays, you should try to comply with the latest government directives regarding COVID-19 prevention and treatment. However, you can also give yourself an advantage by taking steps to boost your immune system. A healthy diet, proper sleep, and regular exercise are some of the common ways to keep your immune system up and running.
Likewise, HydraMed offers a range of immune and health-boosting IV therapies that can help fortify your immune system. Our Mobile & In-home IV therapy contains several blends of vitamins and minerals that can help boost the body’s immune system.